- Things to Know
- Silk Road Route
- History of Silk Road
- Silk Road Culture
- Best Time to Travel
- Xian and Lanzhou Food
- Xinjiang Food
- Silk Road Travel Tips
- Urumqi Shopping
Best Time to Travel
Things to Know
The Silk Road route covers many provinces and locations across China so preparing for extreme weather contrasts is to be expected. The ideal time to travel the Silk Road is from May to October. The weather is always more mild during spring and autumn with temperature averaging at around 15 degrees.
Climate & Weather in Xian
Xian has an East Asian monsoon climate with rain season beginning in August and lasting until October. Summer is hot and humid with winter being particularly dry. Autumn is also dry and is only for a very short period. The best months to travel to Xian are April, May, September and October.
Climate & Weather in Xinjiang
The best period to visit Xinjiang is from May till October when the weather is the most pleasant. April is when the weather begins to warm up in Xinjiang. The best months to travel to Urumqi, Turpan and Kashgar are July, August and September when the weather is not so hot. September is the prime time to visit if you want to try out the melons, fruits and vegetables which are at its freshest.
Climate & Weather in Gansu
Gansu province has a rather dry climate and temperature varies between day and night. Sunscreen and sunglasses are required whilst visiting Gansu as the sun radiation is very strong. The ideal months to visit Gansu is from May to October.
Popurlar Silk Road Package
Silk Road Tour
- > Urumqi Turpan and Kashgar 8 Days Tour From USD 1619P/P Details & Booking
- > 13-Day China Silk Road Tour from Xian Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > 9-Day Xian, Lanzhou, Zhangye, Jiayuguan and Dunhuang Tour Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > 9 Day Beijing, Dunhuang, Xian and Shanghai Tour Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > Xinjiang 9 Days Hiking Tour Free Enquiry Details & Booking
- > Urumqi Kashgar 6 Days Tour From USD 1226P/P Details & Booking