Introduction to Qinghai Lake (青海湖)
Qinghai Lake, also called as "Kukuzhuoer", means "blue sea" in Mongolian.Located in the northeastern of Qinghai basin,it is China's largest inland lake and also China's largest saltwater lake.The lake is 105 km long, 63 km wide, perimeter 360 kilometers, covering an area of 4583 square kilometers, 459.76 square kilometers large than the China's largest freshwater lake.Maximum depth of the lake is 38 meters with catchment area is about 29,661 square kilometers and the elevation of 3196 m.
Between Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefectures, Northeastern Qinghai, China
Sand Island, Bird Island, Grassland around the Lake
Admission for Sand Island: 70 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 35 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Admission for Bird Island: 100 Yuan (April. 20 - August. 20), 60 Yuan (August. 21 - August. 19)
Opening Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30PM
1. Visitors can take special line at the bus station located in the south of Xining Railway Station, which takes about 35 Yuan.
2. Visitors can also take train T151 from Beijing to Xining Caojiabao Airport, then take special line at the airport to Qinghai Lake.
1. Recommended duration for a visit is about 1 to 2 days.
2. The best time to visit there is in summer, especially in July and August.
3. It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation around will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Tour including Visiting Qinghai Lake
Recommend China Tours
1 Day Tour to Yuhu V...
Explore the legendary Yuhu village where the famous American geographer Joseph Rock once l...
From USD 137P/P
Taoism Culture & Qia...
This fantastic Taoist cultural and scenic tour will take you to the sacred Mount Qingch...
From USD 217P/P
Essence of Beijing H...
This is an elaborately designed tour for the exploration of Beijing and Shanghai essenc...
From USD 1086P/P
Badaling Great Wall,...
Get to know Chinese history and culture by visiting Badaling Great Wall and Ming Tombs,...
From USD 62P/P
Silk Road Adventure ...
The adventure of the brilliant natural scenery, time-honored historical relics, mysteri...
From USD 2830P/P